We take the protection and the respect of our users’ private life seriously. We therefore commit to respecting the confidentiality of the personal information that we collect. Please find below The Singing Tree Data Protection Policy.
1. Why does The Singing Tree need to hold personal data?
The Singing processes students’ personal data as part of the necessary functioning of the institution. Personal data is information that can be used to identify students individually and which students provide by completing application and enrolment forms – as well as other necessary information that we process while students are current, such as assessment results. The Singing Tree needs to process certain information about its students, parents and guardians and other individuals with whom it has relationships for various purposes such as, but not limited to:
- The recruitment of students to our courses
- The administration of our courses
- Student enrolment
- Examinations and external accreditation
- Recording student progress, attendance and conduct
- Collecting fees
Complying with legal obligations to funding bodies and government, including local government. To comply with various legal obligations, The Singing Tree must ensure that all this information about individuals is collected and used fairly, stored safely and securely and not disclosed to any third party unlawfully.
2. What information do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- Family name
- First name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Age and date of birth
- ID We ask students for a photograph for enrolment. Student photographs will be stored electronically and may be seen by The Singing Tree staff. We never release student enrolment photographs to another student, or to those outside The Singing Tree except the relevant awarding institution for the production of ID cards and the monitoring of quality. We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of your information. However, since no technology offers maximum security, a share of risk is always present when using the Internet to transmit personal information.
3. How is your personal data collected?
Your personal information is collected mainly through registration form, registration to our courses and camps as well as our contact form. We also collect information through our website (log files) and cookies such IP address, web pages visited, hour and time of your connection on our website.
4. How do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- where we need it to perform our educational services (performance of a contract)
- Our legitimate interests are in providing our educational services to you and in promoting or furthering our educational services
- For statistics, performance and website management
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
5. Your rights of data collection opposition
You have the right to refuse that your personal information is used for commercial purposes and request that it no longer appear, for example, in a mailing list.
To apply your rights, you can contact us by email at: email@example.com and send us a notice informing us of your opposition to use your personal information.
6. Security measures
The personal information we collect is kept in a secure environment. People working for us are required to respect the confidentiality of your information. To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following measures:
- SSL protocol
- Network monitoring software
- Login / password