RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Parents are not allowed in the classrooms except in the event of auditions or shows.
- All students are expected to take good care of school properties and premises.
- It is forbidden to eat in the classrooms or wear outdoor shoes inside the studios. Students are encouraged to bring flat indoor ‘gym’ or ‘ballet’ shoes.
- Students are expected to maintain high standards of cleanliness at all times on the school premises.
- The equipment (CD player, pianos, chairs, benches) must be put back in place after use. Any defects should be reported for prompt repair.
- As a precaution, we invite you not to leave belongings in the changing rooms during your lessons. Clothing and found objects are kept for 1 month.
- Mobile phones must be switched off during lessons.
- All students or their legal representative are requested to respect the teachers request concerning the dress code to adopt during their lessons.
- Parents are responsible to bear the cost of any property or facility damage caused by themselves or any children they book on to a course.
Attendance and punctuality
- On joining the Academy, students and parents acknowledge that they are making a commitment. Regular weekly attendance is essential. Students who regularly miss their classes without good cause and prior notice may be asked to leave the course and will lose their place. In this instance, no refunds will be given.
- Children should arrive 10 min before class to ensure that they are ready for the course start time, and collected at the designated time at the end of the class.
- Late arrivals can be very disruptive for everyone involved and therefore should be avoided. Students are permitted to arrive up to a maximum of 15 minutes in advance of class start times.
- Any delay and/or absence must be noticed by the parents or by the student to the administration office by email: at firstname.lastname@example.org or by What’s Up message on: +41 (0)77 406 53 97.
- Students are not allowed to access the classroom without the presence of a teacher.
- Parents are responsible for the transporting of their children to and from classes. The Singing
- Tree is responsible for students from the course start time, until the time stipulated for the class to end.
- Parents should ensure that students, especially those aged 9 and under wait inside the Academy venue until the person designated to collect them has arrived.
- All students are asked to respect their teachers and their classmates. Any lack of respect, towards a member of The Singing Tree team, a teacher or a student may be subject to sanctions.
- The Singing Tree reserves the right to refuse admission to a course or withdraw a student from a course if their behaviour is detrimental to the enjoyment or development of the other participants.
- Any serious act of non-compliance (physical violence, verbal abuse) impacting the safety of other students and the teaching staff, may be subject to permanent exclusion from the course.
- Due to the nature of the courses, it is advisable for students to bring along a bottle of water clearly marked with their name to each class. This way they can take a sip as and when needed. No juice or fizzy drinks will be allowed in the studios.
- Chewing gum is not permitted anywhere in any studios venue.
- Hair should be away from the face. This is to ensure that it does not become a distraction, restrict visibility of the face when acting and to allow for free movement.
- For safety reasons earrings should not be worn unless small studs. Please be sensible with other jewellery
- All students should wear comfortable which do NOT inhibit movement.
- We strongly advise that student clothing and items are marked clearly with their name
- All personal belongings brought to the studios are the responsibility of the parent/participant.
- The Singing Tree does not accept responsibility for any lost or damage to personal possessions.
- In the event of a fire, students must cease all activities and calmly follow the teacher’s instructions.
- Any student or parent witnessing the start of a fire must immediately alert the staff.